We are currently looking for a Storyboard Artist with animation experience (must be able to storyboard individual motion beats) that can spare roughly ~10 hours per week beginning in November of 2023 until late 2028 to this program, working to bring to life the continuation of the Skywalker Saga as a FAN FILM based on everyone’s favorite sci-fi franchise, Star Wars. Being a hard core fan of all things Star Wars is a definite PLUS!
FILMS (Wizards Team)
– Star Wars: The Chosen One (Episode X)
– Star Wars: The Skywalker Legacy (Episode XI)
– Star Wars: The Sith Rise (Episode XII)
We currently have a full team of artists that are working on the full feature films themselves, this is the Wizards Team. This team is made up on senior level artists that are there to help guide, teach, troubleshoot, and generally provide support. Members of the Hot Shots team may be brought into this team as auxiliary artists to help the film development as needed.
TV SERIES (Hot Shots Team)
– Star Wars: The In Between (Seasons 1 & 2 – Between Ep. 10 and Ep. 11)
– Star Wars: The In Between (Seasons 3 & 4 – Between Ep. 11 and Ep. 12)
But we’re now ready to start to staff the Hot Shots team, which will work exclusively on the TV Series that handles the content timeline gap in between the films. The Hot Shots team will have its own environmental artists, character artists, comic book artists, sound designers, and musical composers. You would also work directly with the lead character artist on the Wizards Team, so being able to take direction and guidance and work with a team of artists is critical.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
– Adobe Creative Suite — Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, etc.
– Microsoft 365 Business Tools — Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
ARTISTRY SKILLS REQUIRED
– a creative mind and a strong visual imagination
– an eye for detail and good color vision
– the ability to draw, make models and/or use computer graphics software
– some acting skills, or knowledge of acting to help with character movement
TEAM COLLABORATION SKILLS REQUIRED
– must be able to speak, write, and communicate in clear ENGLISH
– must be able to attend meetings throughout the week on US Pacific Time zone, but can live anywhere in the world
– be able to communicate, understand, and share creative ideas, have productive discussions and take notes on your work
– be open to provide & receieve feedback from all other team members, including cast members
– work within the production schedule, create your animation outputs to meet deadlines
– the ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism
– good interpersonal skills, if you have contact with clients