We are currently looking for a 3D Character Modeler that can spare roughly ~10 hours per week beginning in November of 2023 until late 2028 to this program, working to bring to life the continuation of the Skywalker Saga as a FAN FILM based on everyone’s favorite sci-fi franchise, Star Wars. Being a hard core fan of all things Star Wars is a definite PLUS!
FILMS (Wizards Team)
Star Wars: The Chosen One (Episode X)
Star Wars: The Skywalker Legacy (Episode XI)
Star Wars: The Sith Rise (Episode XII)
We currently have a full team of artists that are working on the full feature films themselves, this is the Wizards Team. This team is made up on senior level artists that are there to help guide, teach, troubleshoot, and generally provide support. Members of the Hot Shots team may be brought into this team as auxiliary artists to help the film development as needed.
TV SERIES (Hot Shots Team)
Star Wars: The In Between (Seasons 1 & 2) — Tells the story of the nearly 10-year storyline gap between Ep. 10 and 11.
Star Wars: The In Between (Seasons 3 & 4) — Tells the story of the nearly 10-year storyline gap between Ep. 11 and 12.
But we’re now ready to start to staff the Hot Shots team, which will work exclusively on the TV Series that handles the content timeline gap in between the films. The Hot Shots team will have its own environmental artists, character artists, comic book artists, sound designers, and musical composers. You would also work directly with the lead character artist on the Wizards Team, so being able to take direction and guidance and work with a team of artists is critical.
– Adobe Creative Suite — Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, etc.
– Character modelling and animation software — must be able to import files into Adobe products for final composite.
– Microsoft 365 Business Tools — Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner, Microsoft Outlook, etc.
– experience with 3D character modeling is required
– a creative mind and a strong visual imagination
– an eye for detail and good color vision
– be able to draw and create models, have a good understanding of form, color, texture, and light, know how these elements work together
– have strong anatomical and scientific knowledge of how figures and objects appear
– have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of the animation production process, know the capabilities of animators and animation software
– have a passion for the medium and a love of the industry
– some acting skills, or knowledge of acting to help with character movement
TEAM COLLABORATION SKILLS
– must be able to speak, write, and communicate in clear ENGLISH
– must be able to attend meetings throughout the week on US Pacific Time zone, but can live anywhere in the world
– be able to communicate, understand, and share creative ideas, have productive discussions and take notes on your work
– be open to provide & receieve feedback from all other team members, including cast members
– work within the production schedule, create your animation outputs to meet deadlines
– the ability to take direction and accept constructive criticism
– good interpersonal skills, if you have contact with clients